Type: Anti-personnel, Bounding
Country of Origin: Italy
Height: 205 mm
Type of Explosive: Composition B
Tilt of fuze cap, either by pressure on one of prongs or a pull on an attached tripwire. A striker under the fuze lights an igniter in the center of the mine which ignites a propelling charge at the base of the mine. The mine is then propelled upwards, out of the ground. When the mine reaches a height of 45cm, a springloaded central plunger triggers the main charge.
Trigger Weight: 10 kg pressure or 6 kg pull
Detonator Firing Pin
Propelling Charge Cup
Ejection Charge Firing Pin
The mine blast has a lethal radius of 25m
But the steel fragments have a lethal range of 200m
Very shallow. Buried so majority of mine is underground with fuze cap exposed.
Or hidden beneath heavy undergroath.
Render Safe Procedure:
1. Replace forked safety clip
2. Trace and cut any attached wires
3. Using remote means, remove mine from ground
4. Unscrew 5 pronged fuze holding the knurled edge and avoiding contact
with the prongs
5. Remove fuze complete from mine
6. Invert mine and remove detonator from central pocket
7. If inner container has ejected
a. Gag firing pin
b. Cut firing cable
c. Remove for final disposal
Methods of Planting:
Laid along with minimum metal mines, which complicates demining process
Very easy to detect with metal detector because of its steel fragments
on iPhone, iPad, AppleTV, PC. It's free.